Saturday, March 1, 2014

mom is here and gone

Lots going on this week.  First off, my mom came from TN to keep andrew for a week before he starts preschool.  After he starts his new school, we probably won't be pulling him out for  a solid week, unless we are going on vacation so he keeps his routine.  They have specific nap and eating times and we want him to stay on those schedules.  It was super sad to stop taking him to his in home day care but I am excited for him to be in a classroom with kids his own age.  We went friday to pay and he got to spend an hour with his new friends.  It was super cute to see him interact.  The director said they had never had a kid come in and be so social.  That makes me super happy!!!!

Since mom was here, we had all of these things we wanted to do.  We wanted to have a date night, we wanted to get the room his bedroom is in cleaned up and ready for him to be in a toddler bed (it is currently our storage room.  Not a problem with him in a crib but huge problem with him being loose and about at night), and we wanted to get some runs in.    I am happy to say we got the room started and have four bags of stuff to go to goodwill.  Making some hard decisions to get rid of stuff that we really didn't want to but if we haven't used it in a year or more, do we really need it?  We did get to both go on runs and did one run together at the track.  I had to do eight 400 m repeats at an 8:15 pace so he could just run mileage while I did laps.  I did one cool down lap for every repeat plus a couple to warm up and cool down.  While i prefer to run on the road, I am glad we got these done because the wind made it super cold.


 Andrew and mom came to town twice during lunch so I could i see him during the day.  Mom also headed out to agility practice with me wednesday night.  While I think we wanted to do so much more, we did get a lot done and that is awesome.  The best part is, mom did most of the chores I have to do at night so I didn't have to rush home and do laundry and dishes and on and on.  I actually feel rested today:)  I hate she had to leave early but this winter storm coming tonight is suppose to dump 8+ inches on us so she needed to get her friend home and not get stuck here.  Heck, I may get a snow day monday because andrew's preschool closes when the school system is out.

Am hoping to get my long run in tomorrow even if it gets bad.  I need to do 10.  Managed to get on the treadmill and get 4 in today while andrew was napping.

It was hard to get out today with mom leaving and tony working and then there is this.  The weather is just not conducive for me to run.  Winter is plotting against me.  I am thankful though that i do have a treadmill so I do have options, even if I bitch about the mill.


I did get to do a yoga class last night.  My boss is a yogi or whatever they call them and she was upping her certification.  I got to do two hours of kind of hot and sweaty yoga as all of the ladies trying to get their certificates taught moves.  Some were really, really good, some not so good.  Some people just have that teaching vibe and others don't.  I hope they all got some good constructive criticism to help them become the best they can me.  My core is super sore today so i know I got an awesome work out.  I really do miss getting to do yoga on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment