Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday blahs

I feel like a broken record.  I knew this weekend would be a toss up since I hadn't gotten to practice in two weeks.  It was on turf and I know he takes a run or two to get use to turf. So knowing these things I had 0 expectations and decided that I would just work on contacts.  After waiting all day to hear back from the daycare, after 2:30, I was given the go ahead to travel as andrew was having a better afternoon.  I had a pleasant two hour and a half trip as the weather was nice and sunny, although a bit windy.  Our hotel wasn't the nicest but it was clean and quiet and right next door to a perkins.  We had pie to pre celebrate any successes we might get the next day.  Everything started out like I expected, knocked bars the first run (maybe three) with less the next run (maybe one) and then none the rest of the day.  Still not together totally but good parts to every run.  The most proud I am is that he listened in both snooker and gamblers and we had kick ass beginnings on both, which is one less thing for me to worry about.  Still pushing me on contacts.  Instead of asking for toes over and over again, if he stopped, I would just say, uh oh, where are your toes?  When he would come into position, I would tell him what a good dog he was and release him.

Then day two came.  Usually he is so much better day two but as the day went on, he got worse and worse.  Missing weave pole entries, running past obstacles and not even trying to collect.  No bars but that was probably the only good part.  After another weird run where he ran past a jump and then went sight seeing after the weave poles that he missed, I decided to pack up and head out.  I can only take so much and I had, had enough.  I cried most of the way home.  What do you do when you don't have enough hours in the day?  What do you do when you feel pulled in so many directions.  As usually the logical side of my brain says stop.  Stop wasting the money, stop wasting your time.  But my heart just can't.  I love running deuce and I love agility and my friends.  Dropping down to one show a month has helped with finances for sure and I might be able to just do one show a month and not teach.  Maybe devote teaching time to training time and still keep going to Joc's barn once a week too.  I am entered in one more two day show in april and then I will probably do the local USDAA show in june.  Still thinking as usual.  Not an easy answer for sure.  Think.Think.Think. I have decided to neuter deuce and the deed is scheduled for thursday.  Maybe between neutering, more practice and maybe taking another online class, we can get somewhere.  Still not ready to give up totally.


On the other side, I sure did miss this little guy.  I have yet another cold, this one with some icky coughing so we went to bed early last night and got a good night's rest.  He didn't want to get up this morning and neither did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment