Thursday, March 20, 2014

Still sick!!!!!

Okay it's thursday and I am still sick!  This makes a record breaking three weeks I have had one ailment or another.  My coach says this is common when you are training hard.  I guess next time I move andrew to a new situation,  I will make sure it is not a month or so before a big race, lesson learned!  I called my dr today to get some better cough meds.  I have tried pretty much every cough med out there in search of relief this week.   I need the good stuff this time!  I am contemplating trying to run this afternoon, very slow of course.  Or I may just wait another day.  I do feel like the coughing is slightly better today but I not sure I want to make it worse.

On another note, Deuce is getting neutered today.  After this weekend and after a few times of grumbling at other male dogs, I have had enough.  Him and harley have started getting into little tiffs and the worse one happened this week,  with neither one of them wanting to give it up.  So, I called the vet on monday and made an appointment.  He is going to be one pissed off pup tonight when i pick him up.  He is a big momma's boy and doesn't handle pain very well so this should be super interesting.  I would say with all of my male dogs that I have had neutered that the worst part is the razor burn on their scrotum.  I hope his isn't too bad and we can let it heal up quickly.I have a show in a couple of weeks so would like to get some sort of practice in.

Andrew is having a better week at preschool so that is the best thing about this week.  While he still cries a little when I leave and clings, he will readily go to his teachers and stop crying.  I think it is more about the prying of the binky out of his mouth than me leaving.  I wish we could just ditch it but he knows it is in his cubby so as soon as he gets out of his class room every day, he goes straight to his cubby and asks if he can have it.  I would just go cold turkey but after last week when he seemed to be having issues, I thought at least I could give him some support and comfort that the binky brings.  Maybe in a few weeks we can try again to wean him from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment