Friday, April 9, 2010

bad bad deuce

Deuce decided at 4 am this morning that he was up and so should we be as well. I knew taking his nighttime/morning crate out to the car was a bad thing. He hasn't done this much but when he has, I have always let him go potty and then put him in the crate with a chewie. Now I didn't have that luxury so we tried everything to get him to go back to sleep but he was done with that. I think maybe me packing last night for this weekend got him amped up or something as it does for miller for sure. Anyway, we finally got him to at least lay still enough for us to go back to sleep till the alarm went off at 5:30. I got up fed everyone, let everyone out to potty and then we all headed back to bed. Deuce got his morning chewie, which he has been finishing in record time, and then he watched Tony get ready to go to work. Tony said that as he left, he noticed Deuce had a little gleam in his eye. Here lately, Deuce has gone through a chewing stage. He has mostly limited it to unimportant things like cardboard and paper from the recycling bin so we haven't much worried as he is just helping with the recycling movement, right? Well, the other night he got a jug I was using to fill up the dog water with and it was full and he proceeded to take it to the only carpet we still have downstairs and shred it. When we got home, it looked like a water bomb had gone off and again we laughed when we probably shouldn't have. Fast-forward to this morning, alarm goes off at 7ish which is when I get up and let everyone out so they can have an hour or so outside in the nice weather. All the dogs are in the bed with me except deuce. Deuce is no where to be found and I can feel the other dogs looking at me with that look like they know something and I am going to be mad about it. Now, I am not 100% sure Deuce is 100% guilty but when I came down the stairs, the garbage can in the kitchen was turned over and stuff was everywhere and Deuce was standing in the middle of it looking very guilty. I had thrown away a bag of kettle chips that was now half eaten in the floor. I had also had a chicken breast and a chicken thigh from the grocery store last night and the box I had put the bones in was empty on the floor. OMG!!!! Chicken bones are the worst!!!!!! I also vaguely remember throwing out some broccoli and rice that tony had cooked last week that could have also been in that garbage that was now missing. I called my vet immediately and while I wasn't hugely concerned, I knew that bones could cause blockages and illness but that most dogs ate them and passed them with no problems. My biggest fear was and still is gastric explosion. I had to work today as I had a five day experiment that had to be finished today and was going to take me all day to finish. Add on top of that the fact that we are leaving tonight to head to Wichita for an agility show for the weekend so I needed to get to work and stay at work to get done quickly. At the time of posting this blog, I have not been home and neither has Tony. Just in case, I filled up Deuce's litter box and put in his crate so maybe he could aim his explosion in the box. I fear I may come home to newly painted walls if you know what I mean. Furthermore, I have a feeling that tonight may be a long night as we are staying in a hotel and I fear he is going to have a long night stomach wise. I would rather go through gastric disruption at home but we need to get down there tonight. I won't be around a computer till sunday night so look forward to part two and hope that it is a good ending!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment