Saturday, April 3, 2010

spring days are awesome!

What a beautiful day! I got so much training in today with this wonderful weather. It really motivates you and makes you want to be outside! I tried to do several very short sessions on the exercises that Lori taught us in class the other night. I then took some of the exercises and did them in the park where there was tons of other people and other dogs to distract him. I am so proud of him, he is doing so much better so can't wait to get out to Lori's field to see if we improve. Short sessions are so much better for deuce and I try to rotate between flat work, jump work and a-frame work. I probably went out 10 times today for five or so minutes and worked him. I so wish I was already retired so I could just focus on working my dogs LOL!




Here is the very short video I made during a couple of our afternoon sessions. Thanks to my neighbor who provided the soundtrack!

I did try and drag out the dog walk planks that I had previously used to work on Deuce's 2 on 2 off but one of then planks had broken in half and the other one had some rotten wood on it so we took them both to the dump:( That was the last of our dog walk so guess we will have to buy a new one now for sure! We are looking into getting a frame made locally as Alice has had one made in the past and is looking to make another one so we may get a mass order in for dog walk frames. We will probably at this point cover it in wood and then get aleucobond skins when we go home to TN. Well enjoy and enjoy this Easter holiday with family and friends and this awesome weather! Remember, HE lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today (favorite hymn of all time, love Easter hymns) I serve a risen savior!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment