Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potty Mouth isn't working:(

I was so excited thinking the potty mouth was working but it isn't:( Deuce came in this morning with such horrible breath that I almost threw up. I have been cleaning the yard every night but am missing the am poop break that happens at 5:30 in the morning when it is still dark. At least he isn't getting much poop but one log is enough (ICK). I guess I am not sure at this point what to do next. I have tried all the homemade remedies before and they have never worked. Funny, someone pooped in the house last night (on the plywood thank goodness) and he didn't eat that. I think he targets miller's poop and miller would rather die than have an accident in the house.

Tonight is our first real agility class and I am so excited! We know all of the obstacles and our foundation skills but doing them with other dogs present and tons of distraction will be a whole different story. I have tried letting my dogs be present on sit stays while i work deuce or even let them be milling around in the back of the yard while i work as distractions but that is so different than his "friends" in class. I am so excited to get Lori's advice on my running a-frame project and to get him on other people's equipment. We are slowly amassing all pieces of equipment and also looking at land to rent so that we can have our very own practice field and I am super excited. I think now all we need is a dog walk and a broad jump and we will be set. Our backyard is way too small for us to do much practicing in so looking forward to having something close that we can spread out and play on. I am hoping to go by this weekend since we have nothing to look at the proposed land and see if it is doable and talk price. Unfortunately it will not be a place where we can have power but for spring, summer and fall, it will be perfect. I am so ready to have a place to call my own! I totally miss having an agility field as we did in our rental house but the house was tiny, tiny, tiny, especially for four dogs. We did try to buy it at one time thinking we could raze the house and build a new one but she didn't want to sell:( I loved mowing my own field and setting up my own equipment however I wanted it.

I will blog later with how Deuce did in his first "real" class!

No comments:

Post a Comment