Thursday, April 1, 2010

deuce's first official class!


Wow, first night of classes and I have so much to work on! Boy was he distracted but we got through most everything. It definitely showed me what we need to work more on. Lots of attention work is number one! It is so funny how good they can do in your backyard and how that all goes out the window when you take them somewhere! Overall, I think he did really good with most of the exercises. The only exercise he really struggled with was the go jump exercise. For whatever reason he would not go away from me to take the jump. Guess we need to back up and start out very close and then work our ways backwards. He is also having issues with the rear cross but Lori really broke it down to the basic, basic level so I have stepping stones to work up from. We just did jump exercises and on 8 inch jumps at that. I am sad that we won't have class next week due to Wichita show but I have lots to work on in the mean time. I do think that he left a little stressed as I had to stop half way home to let him go potty and he has pretty much had diarrhea since he has been home. Unfortunately I do think he is going to be very similar to harley with his stomach issues. Harley at 7 is finally getting his stomach settled so I really hope I don't have to wait that long for Deuce!!!! May have to try him on another food other than chicken based food, maybe lamb and rice as Joc is giving her dog. He doesn't get anything other than food and cookies and one chewie a day so not sure why he constantly has diarrhea other than the poop eating. I am excited to start working on the exercises that Lori gave us and will try and do some videoing when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment