Friday, June 13, 2014

A quiet week

Maybe that title is misleading.  It was a quiet week with regards to running.  It was not a quiet week with regards to life.  This was Andrew's birthday week.  I have had a whole week of recovery so I am just doing the runner's world streak by fast walking a mile every day.  My body has not been sore per se but it has been tired.  I can tell that if I had to do a specific work out that my body would be none to happy.  I am also suppose to take a week off next week too but I will be doing barre classes with my mom and walking too and maybe even sneaking a little run in.  I am already itching to see my newest running plan for the fall.  I have Conquer the Konza first which is a 15 miler and then two halfs, one in KC in October and one near KC called the Longview Half.  Interspersed amongst all of this will be marathon training.  I get shivers just thinking about these big goals!  Go big or go home I guess.

We are also traveling to TN.  For anyone reading this who wants to break into our house and steal our stuff because I am posting we will be gone, good luck.  We are leaving the attack dog at home with a house/dog sitter so have fun.  He will rip you a new butt hole.  You are welcome.  This trip may be super duper fun or not.  The last year wasn't too bad traveling with an infant but it may be a whole new ball game with a 2 year old.  Especially a 2 year old that has full blown 2 year old itis.  Above is his birthday present.  He wants to live on ride on toys.  He tries to ride any and all of his toys so this will be so much nicer than riding his tiny toy train sets.  We had a very small birthday party just the three of us and the dogs yesterday.  We will have a bigger birthday party in TN with the family.  It sounds like many of his presents involve riding toys and that is fine.  He loves everything ride on.
I will try and blog as much as possible when we get to Tennessee.  I am looking forward to some grammy time, some me and tony time and some awesome food and drink. I really do love seeing both sets of families and re connecting with everyone.  I miss home so much and all the people there.  See ya soon Tennessee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment