Sunday, June 1, 2014

A 3 hour nap


Another week of morning running down. My body is still adjusting and yesterday I did sleep for three hours during the day to try and catch up.   I may have found a solution to mr.  andrew's not wanting to sleep at night problem.  Seems like the mornings that we get him up at 6 am or I should say he gets up because daddy is getting up, he goes to bed early.  Now to just keep getting up at 6 am instead of sleeping till 7 like I normally do on my rest days.  I am still doing the runner's world streak and am technically on day 7 even though I forgot to use my phone to log two of the running days so they say I have only run three days. Boo.  It has been really great temperature wise this week BUT the humidity has been horrible.  It gets better as the sun rises which is odd to me but we were drenched after every run.  This was from the day we did the hill repeats.  Hurts so good.
Stella was quite fluffy after that run.  Even though she doesn't have much coat, she gets really fluffy after humid runs.  
This was before yesterday's run.  I needed to do four but I was so tired from not getting enough sleep and also STILL battling a stupid cold.  I slept in till 7 and then did 3 in the humidity.  I also woke up with the worst headache that I had before I went to bed and was hoping it would be gone by the morning.   It didn't and I now know that I can run with a headache and not die.  My left eye felt like it was going to pop out of my head the whole time.  I didn't even turn on my watch because I didn't care about pace.  I am running three days in a row this week plus I did a ten miler on monday so yesterday and today, I am not caring about pace.  We are long running in less than an hour and the watch will not be cut on.

My favorite time of the day.  Post run with my coffee and breakfast and baby:)  
I love dog show/race weekends but I really love just being home.  We were townies for a day yesterday.  Manhattan celebrates the summer with a townie day where all the townies (anyone local that was not a student) gather down in aggieville and have fun at the local restaurants/shops.  We celebrated with them with spicy pork nachos from fuzzy's tacos and a cupcake from billy vanilli.  Both were delicious although Andrew didn't like either the breakfast burrito we bought him or the cupcake we bought him.  What he did like was the splash park at the discovery center.  

It was a happening place yesterday.  Andrew loves being with the other kids.  For the most part the kids were nice and respectful.  There was one kid that was the "bully" and his grandma was NOT watching him at all.  I didn't say anything to him but I wanted to, especially when he pushed my kid out of the way to chase a toy down.  I know there will be kids like this everywhere but he really had NO manners and was pretty much mean to every kid there.  I was really glad when his grandma took him home.  The other kids were so nice and so much fun to be with.  Even that big mob of boys in the picture were careful with the little ones and I appreciated that so much.  

Well off to get ready for another long run.  Last long run before the big race next weekend!  I am starting to get that nervous/excited feeling!  Can't wait to finally have a race with a good expo.  Isn't that what it's about, buying new running gear?   This race is going to be super tough but I have no time goals, just have fun and finish where i finish.   After HH, I get two weeks off for recovery and we go on vacation during this time. Perfect planning!  I am going to rest, relax, enjoy free baby sitting and take some barre classes with my mom.  Then we start training for the 15 mile trail race in september.  YIPEEE!






No comments:

Post a Comment