Thursday, June 5, 2014

T minus two days!

Another taper week. I wish I could say I am super excited about this weekend but I am not.  The usual pre-race jitters have been replaced with lethargy.  I have had a pretty bad week with regards to sleeping.  My wonderful little toddler has been refusing to sleep at night which means I am getting 6 or less hours a sleep. I am one of those weird people that needs 8 or more, so this is a big jolt to my system.   Dependent on my run routine for the day, I have been getting up at 4:45 or 5 am to get my run in before my hubby has to get up and get ready for work.  Anyway, I thought yesterday that the feelings I had were just from lack of sleep.  I was contemplating asking my hubby for a night where I could just go sleep in the guest room at around 9 pm or even earlier.  When I got home,  I was achy and getting the chills.  A quick taking of the temperature revealed 101.2.  That was with the digital so I didn't believe it and took it with our older regular thermometer.  101.2.  NOOOOOOOOOOO!  I immediately went to bed and promptly slept 12 hours.  I got up with a fever but have been fever free since around 7 am this morning.  I now just feel weak and depleted.  I could run like this but it wouldn't be fun.  Am downing zicam and drinking fluid and praying.  I really, really don't want to miss this race!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment