Sunday, June 1, 2014

Another blog post today?


I  know, I know, two blog posts in one day.  The red headed kiddo is sleeping and I elected NOT to nap today.  I had way too much to get done today when he went down.  Too many loads of laundry calling my name and a dish washer to unload and load.  Hubby is cooking ribs again tonight so got to have everything ready for the mess that is my hubby's cooking.  I title this picture "waiting on robin".  She sure does love robin and is so excited to see her every time we run.  

We decided to go to Linear trail today.  Most of it is shaded.  I guess I am going to have to get super selective with where I run if stella is involved or else get up at 3 am and carb load to go out at 5 am to run.  We left wamego around 7ish and hit the trail around 7:20 and it was already icky.  Once again, the temps are awesome, around 60, but the humidity, that usually doesn't get bad till late july and august has been BRUTAL.   I will make her wear her cool coat soaked in ice water on the next run no matter what.  We pass under two bridges and the swallows have built their nests under both.  It is kind of scary to run under and pray they don't all come swooping down to get you but they were preoccupied, I guess gathering food.    We were scheduled to do 10 but we elected to do 8.  We had both ran hills on friday, three yesterday and were both feeling it.  I use to freak way out about not doing exactly what was on my schedule, but I have since learned that the world won't end if I don't follow my schedule to a T, and my coach won't kill me.  She knows I know my body and I do what is right for me.  I am kind of excited to talk to her about the new training cycle for this summer and possibly the one for the marathon in the spring.  
Most runners take selfies of them or their shoes or scenery.  I take selfies of my doggy.  
And yes, she does sleep eventually.  Have an awesome week!  It's another taper week for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment