Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2 x 2 weaves Day 3

So I am stuck at home so I have all day to work with Deuce.  I find it very hard to keep sessions short so I am going to start taking a timer with me so I am not tempted to go over time.  Today we are starting out with my position and his position changing around the clock.  The poles are still at 12 and 6.

Session 1.  Started out with exercise 8.  Everything went very smoothly when he was on my right and we were rotating around the clock with me at 1 and him going from 6 to 3.  No problems there at all.  Problems started when I was at 11 and he was on my left rotating from 6 to 9 particularly when he was at 8 and 9.  Gave him a few tries and then would go back a step, get success at that step, and then move forward again.  By the end he finally figured out to not just go through the poles but to wrap that first pole and come in.  It was hard not to step in and help but I kept my mouth shut and just let him figure it out. I figured moving back a step was enough help.  I am going to start my next session with a review of that and then hopefully progress to exercise 9.

Session 2.  Started out with a quick review of exercise 8.  He breezed through them this time, even getting the hardest entry on the first try.  Wow, I sure do love shaping exercises!  He must have had his thinking cap on more this time because we were going through the exercise very quickly until we got to the very last one.  I was at 5 and he was at 9 and he wanted to just go through the poles, not wrap that first pole and go forward away from me.  After a couple of times of backing back up on the clock, he got it and then was good to go.  Will start the next session with that entry and see how he does.

Session 3.  For whatever reason we struggled with exercise 10 and had to break it down and just do the first part.  He really has struggles with me being at the 4 oclock position and him being on the other side of the poles.  He finally at the end got the hardest entry and I stopped after one successful time after all of our struggles.  I would simply try a postion, he wouldn't get it and after two tries i would move one position back on the clock.  Maybe I am not moving back quick enough?  Maybe after one wrong try i should set him up for success?  We will review the beginning of exercise 10 and see where we are at in the next session.

Session 4.  Took a very long break before session 4 started.  He got all the entries on the first try which tells me he must have been tired on session 3.  I am trying to keep the sessions under 5 minutes and keep him up and happy.  He nailed the hardest entry on exercise 11, which was me at 3 and him at 8.  I am so proud!  I would like to do one more session to finish up exercise 11 but will gage it by how alert and ready to go he is.


Fell asleep on the couch so no session five.  Not sure how much I will get done on day 4 as we will be moving all of our living room tonight to the dining room and then moving out of the house so they can finish the floor in the living room.  This whole house thing has been a nightmare but i think I see an end in sight.  Once the living room is finished, tony can rebuild the deck and the kitchen subfloor and then we can have that floor laid and be DONE (other than a few small dry wall patch jobs)!  Our loans are going through at the bank so we may even be able to get a new hot water tank and water softner so we can actually use the big whirlpool tub in the master bath.  I keep thinking maybe this whole sewer thing is a blessing in disguise because it forced us to get all the projects in the house finished before the baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment