Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2 x 2 weaves Day 4

So day 4 may be a short day depending on how far we get with the moving tonight.  I did get one session in this morning (between dry heaving, thanks morning sickness). We completed exercise 11 with no missed entries.  He really seems to have gotten it now.  Tony actually sat upstairs last night and watched and was so excited to see Deuce figuring things out.  He said he could see the wheels in deuce's brain turning.  I love any exercise that makes them think, especially shaping exercises.  Today we introduce the second set of 2.  I want to start that before I go to work if this dry heaving will go away.

Session 2.  Introduction of second set of poles.  Much like SG's method, we introduce two sets of poles but both sets of poles are at 6 and 12 with a four foot distance between them and the reward at first being the two poles.  This is getting a little complicated in our bedroom as I am running out of space.  Having to set him up 3/5 feet away from the first pole and having the two sets and four feet apart is a little tight with all the dog crates in the bedroom right now.  I just might have to, once the dining room doesn't have so much in it, make that the crate room or perhaps clear a space in the junk room.  The junk room stays nice and cool in the winter but we would have to do something about the summer time.  Going to have to do something soon anyway as the baby's crib will be in our bedroom in 6 months anyway.  I digress.  At first he just wanted to do all four at one which since he already knows weaves, but I made sure he stopped and got his reward in between.  Then he seemed to get a little confused, like he was saying, isn't this one obstacle mom?  I still am not saying anything other than releasing him from his wait before he does any poles.  The recommendation is to go back and start all the around the clock work again with the poles apart and then after you are done, put them together and fade out the reward. Just wondering if I can skip ahead since he already knows how to weave.  Decisions,decisions.

Session 3.  Decided to work in a different location.  Added the second set of poles and did so in living room which is hardwood.  We worked around the clock but he couldn't get good footing and kept on slipping.  Again the toughest entries say 10 and 11 with him on my right and 2 and 3 with him on my left was very tough for him after he had done them so well the previous exercises.  Of course it is a different place so I have to take my sets as many places as I can.  He finally got both in session 4 but after many wrong attempts.  I will start tomorrow at this spot and see if our work paid off.  I also would love to get outside where we have more room but they are predicting snow again tomorrow.  Right now we have a layer of icy snow on the ground which isn't much better than the carpet or the hardwood.  I think for the harder entries, especially the entry where he is on my left and he has to enter and wrap back that I will put the poles apart and treat those as two separate entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment