Friday, December 23, 2011

2 x 2s day 6

Session 1.  Had to stay inside this morning.  Heavy frost made the ice and the not so icy patches too slick to be outside.  Started with Exercise 8 again and got stuck on me at 1 and him at 3, even when I moved further and further back.  If i am right next to him at 3 with him, he gets it.  If i am any distance away, he goes in the second pole.  Hmmmm........I got one good entry and moved up and then would come back to see if I could repeat the success.  He was nailing everything else, even when I was at 11 and he was at 9.  Ended on him getting it correctly and will start there again before we move to exercise 9.  Not sure why this entry is so hard for him.  I have to say usually on course he beats me to weaves so maybe he just isn't use to me being in front of him?  Taking the dogs to the other house today on my way to work.  Just don't want them here crated in the downstairs while they are working on the floor.  They claim they are going to get it fixed and a coat of stain on it today.  I am not holding my breath.

A very quick session 2.  Had 5 minutes before i had to leave for work.  Weaves were still set up.  Thought I would try my luck on that tough entry again.  Still having issues.  Sometimes will get it if I step towards him sometimes not.  Sometimes will get it if I have my hand up sometimes not.  Still haven't figured out the key to this one.  Ended it when he had one successful entry at 3, BIG party.  Will go onto exercise 9 but will work this particular entry in randomly throughout to see if i can work it some more.  Hate to see him have so many failures on this entry:(  Hoping to get off at a decent hour so i can work outside.

Session 3 and 4.  Got off work while it was still light out.  Found a small non icy patch to put him and the poles.  Started off with that tough entry.  Still not getting it.  Maybe 1 out of 4 tries he got it.  Focused on the rest of exercise 9 and just randomly worked that entry in.  He nailed every other entry in that exercise but still having trouble with the entry at 3.  I guess this will just be our waterloo.  Will continue to work it on on the exercises we are currently on.  Will start exercise 10 tomorrow.  Suppose to be a beautiful day so I should be able to get outside and maybe even go to the park and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment