Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reflections and goals

It has been super slow here at work so I have had time to read over a years worth of blog posts and reflect (yeah, I am super bored).  This week is the week that the university technically closes down but those of us who don't want to use our leave come up here anyway and slog around doing menial chores.  I started out the week busy but today and yesterday were super slow.  Of course I can't really leave, don't have anywhere really to go.  Today they are suppose to start day 1 of finishing the floor.  Looks like if things move according to schedule  (don't hold your breath because I am not holding mine) that this part of the house remodel will be done by saturday morning.  Lucky for me, I am heading to st. louis for a three day USDAA show so I will at least have a couple of nights in peace.  I am traveling with my friend who likes to get up super early so we shall see how my morning sickness copes.  Usually if I can get up and lay back down for a little bit, I am fine.  Still trying to figure out how to ferret my Keurig in her small car and all of my stuff.  I should get back on topic now.

What a year!  I have had so much fun running Deuce.  Of course we have had our lows (first USDAA show and 22 inch poles that he couldn't figure out so we got an E in every run) but we have had some great highs as well.  Are we where I want us to be yet, no but we are getting there.  He just runs faster and faster every time i run him so he is sometimes hard to figure out.  What worked last show or worked in practice may totally change.  We are still battling weave pole demons but I am hoping with going back and retraining the 2 x 2s that we have fortified how important entries are.  We shall see this weekend.  He now drives to the bottom of his dog walk almost 100% of the time and his a-frame has improved a ton.  He still wants to creep into position if I am doing a front cross at the bottom so I am trying to do all blinds as long as they are applicable at the end of the a-frame so I keep moving.  He does still surprise me though, like blowing his hold on the a-frame at the last show while I was doing my blind cross (hello, why are you on the wrong side) and occasionally not coming in for jumps when I am trying to execute a FC ( you can jump into the space I am giving you silly dog), but overall he has improved so much.  I am really happy with where we are right now and am keeping my finger's crossed that the weave pole entry issue is solved.  If not, we will continue to train and work hard in the coming year.

Goals are a little hard to think about right now.  All of that kind of changed when I got preggers.  I am going to try and show through april at least and then probably sit out may and of course June.  Where we go from there is a big mystery.  Daycare is going to eat up alot of my free money and am not sure how much I am going to be able to teach this coming year to supplement my show income.  Here lately with the house issues, my teaching has totally paid for everything show, so I am hoping I can get at least one if not two more sessions in before I calve (i mean have the baby:)  I would still like to go to USDAA nationals this year since it is so close but with a four month old baby, that may be up in the air as well.  I would also like to qualify for Tulsa 2013 but  we don't have much AKC coming up close by.  We only have one show in January local that is, and none in February unless i travel to St. louis, which I really, really don't like doing in winter.  March only has one AKC trial and then april has two and then I am done.  Heck, I may be done before that but will probably have someone else run him if I can't in april.  So I guess my goals for this year will mainly be get this weave pole problem under control and figure out how to show with a baby on my hip.  I know it can be done and I am one determined individual so I will try my hardest to get it done.  Oh well, here is to 2012 and what it brings!  Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment