Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Friday


Ah, it is finally friday and I am so happy! It is a non-dog show weekend so hope to get lots of puppy training done and lots of puppy socializing! We may go out at least one of the nights of the weekend as aggiefest is in town which is a gathering of local bands that play at all the local bars. You pay one fee and you can see all the bands you want and we love it! It is also city wide garage sale this weekend so may have to walk around and just see what junk people are getting rid of. You never know what you might find! Since I am always needing more dog crates, maybe I will stumble on some wire ones or some plastic ones.

We had agility class last night and I was just a floater so I got to take Deuce and have him out and do some training. I mainly worked on attention and recall with all of the distractions. We first demonstrated the bang game and he did so great banging lori's teeter down. He seems to really like that game so we are going to continue doing that for a long while! I also worked on him giving me either a sit or a down on command and then releasing to my hand and touching it. If he did so, he got to play a game of tug. I was really pleased with his ability to maintain focus. He did on accident bite me once when he was going for his tug but I didn't correct for it as it was an accident and i don't want to kill his drive for tugging. We also got to work tunnel with Barb and her dogs. We just had chloe or dana run through the tunnels and deuce chased after them. Then we had him do a few with restrained recalls. We just had fun with it, no pressure to do them. He was pretty tired already from all of our training previously so we didn' t push it. I did have Barb ask for some behaviors before he got too tired so that he gets use to commands from other people.

Deuce was so tired after all of his training but went to visit his Uncle Jeremy at the liquor store. I get the best socializing at the liquor store! Deuce got to see lots of different kinds of people and got to be petted by all of them. I think he helps their business and we joked that I could stand outside with deuce and a sign and get people to come in! He could tell that he had grown already as we see him once a week since it is on our way home from agility class. He hasn't put on any weight but I do think he has gotten a little taller and Jeremy agreed. I think his head is also changing. I am so not ready for the puppy uglies!

Well, not much else to report so guess I will end it here. I look forward to a weekend of good weather, good local music and good puppy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment