Tuesday, September 15, 2009

short for the day


Not much new is going on so this post will be short. Deuce got to go with me to meet my obedience clients I work with once a week. He got to meet their wheaton terrier and their pap. Deuce thought buddy their pap was a big squeaky toy and buddy did not appreciate it at all. We ended up having to crate deuce as their dogs were not ready for that big of a distraction in their training. Deuce ended up falling a sleep while chewing on a rawhide. He is really getting use to being crated and really settles now so thinking maybe he would be happier in a big crate versus the ex-pen during the day. I guess I didn't latch the bottom of the door on the ex-pen yesterday and he figured it out and got out. Tony called me and said he met him at the door. Luckily there was no damage anywhere but I am sure there are hidden pee spots that i will find eventually, since he couldn't get back into his pen to his litter. I am glad he didn't bug the crap out of the older dogs or chew on anything unacceptable. All of his toys are in his pen so that the older dogs don't tear them up. Berry is especially fond of eating stuffed toys but surprisingly not trying to eat deuce's stuffed toys.

Deuce is now sleeping through the night and probably would sleep till at least 6 if not 7 but the older dogs are waking him up and I don't want him having an accident so I go ahead and get up. They have this really bad habit of wanting to get up at 4:30, but I have been going downstairs, taking deuce out and then putting him back in his crate till at least 5:30 when that happens. He seems to just go back to sleep but then when tony's alarm goes off, he is back up. I tried to get him to go back to bed this morning as all of the dogs wanted to get back in bed but he was in the mood to play, not sleep. Of course he is sleeping right now under my chair, wish I could go back to sleep now! Deuce did learn how to jump on the bed and seems to be one climbing fool! He is very agile and I am very excited to see what he can do agility wise when he comes of age! His brother just hit the conformation show ring this last weekend and kicked butt garnering three BOB puppy awards! Way to go Shades!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment