Monday, September 21, 2009

A very busy week


I actually got to sleep till 6 am this morning, but I guess I kind of cheated. The dogs woke me up at 5:00 am but I just didn't want to get up so I got a chewie and put Deuce in his crate and went back to sleep. I was hoping to sleep till 7, but the big dogs were not having any of it and jumped on and off the bed till I got up. I was so proud of myself last night! I actually made it till 10:30 last night before I went to sleep and I wasn't overly sleepy just felt like he was crashed so I should crash too. I didn't get to hear my favorite metal show though and am sad I missed it:(

Maybe my body is finally adjusting! I know I am very out of shape because I haven't been able to exercise, so that is a huge contributor to me not having any energy. I hope we can change that very soon. I actually had a very good weekend leg wise. Pain has been very minimal and we have been on several walks varying in length. I have been really active in icing and taking my advil, so maybe that is helping. I have three PT visits this week and am looking forward to not having to go anymore! I love PT, don't get me wrong as they make me feel better but it is costing me and arm and a leg to go, even with insurance!

This week is going to be so busy with PT visits, a cavity filling, and deuce's rabies shot visit. I am not teaching again this week for the agility classes (i don't think) so I can train deuce during class again which will be fun! Training goals this week include sits and downs in different positions (beside me, behind me, in front of me, between my legs), balance disc as usual to strengthen that hind end, more wait, and turn for sure. I need to drag his travel plank in as well and start shaping feet and toes on that as well. I am hoping my dvd that I ordered from clean run makes it here today, so I can watch and make sure I am not leaving anything out. We have already started the bang game for the teeter and doing restrained recalls for the tunnel but need to make sure that is all we need to be doing at this point. I won't start jumps or weaves till his growth plates close so we have plenty of time for those. I did put him on the down side of the a-frame and the dog walk just so he got to walk down those planks and when we start teaching beginners will probably get to do a whole a-frame because it will be very low. The name of the game now is foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment