Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday means dentist appointment, yuck!


I so wanted more sleep this morning! We have been getting up later but today the dogs wanted back up at 5:50. I tried putting Deuce back in his kennel with his chewie and he just wasn't having any of it the morning. I have no caffeine in the house right now so I am not having a very good morning! My dogs have also been very very clingy this morning for some reason. Even as I sit here typing they are all circled around me keeping Deuce from getting close. Not sure what this means or why they are being clingy. They all seem to have abnormally short fuses today too. Maybe they need some caffeine as well! I am waiting for a hint of daylight so we can all go walking and get rid of some of this weird energy that is going around my pack.

I started adding more food to Deuce's diet yesterday by starting to change him over to the food I feed the other dogs and I guess I gave him diarrhea. He went out several times yesterday and was pretty loose. He seems in good spirits otherwise so I am going to go ahead with the change over. I was mixing a cup of his regular food with a half a cup of the new food. According to the wellness bag you are suppose to get them changed over in a week so we shall see how it goes. I also added some of the new food in his buster cube so that might have sent his little tummy over the edge. I will continue to monitor him and add rice and probiotics to his diet if we need to help his little tummy with the transition.

I learned a new trick and am using it to help with the screaming when I leave him in his ex-pen. It may wear off eventually but for now it is working like a charm. When I get ready to leave, I fill his bowl with his absolute favorite thing in the whole world, ice. He is so busy crunching away that he doesn't even seem to notice that I am leaving. He is the biggest ice whore i have ever met! He will beg when I am icing my knees by either laying on them on my leg (i have to cover them with a towel or blanket so he doesn't try and chew on them) or he sits on the ground an offers behaviors and barks at me. I try not to give in to either but when I am done icing, I put the bag of ice in his water bowl so he gets to chow down. I have never met a dog that loves ice so much!

Training wise today, may not get a ton done this morning. He has been very active all morning playing with his buster cube and terrorizing the other dogs and has just crashed. I may get a short session whenever we get back from the walk. He is doing great with his sits and downs and with toes and feet and is starting to get better with toes on the bowl and the balance disc. Turn is really shaping up and so is spin so more work on that. Still waiting on my pre-sport puppy dvd, really thought it would have been here by now since it supposedly shipped on friday of last week. If the weather is nice this afternoon, we need to work more on tunnel and the bang game and go to the park and work on behaviors.

We shall see how well I feel after getting my cavity filled. I am so dreading going this time. Last time, they claimed the cavity was really small so he didn't numb me up very well and then I guess it was worse than he thought and he tried re-numbing me and drilling and it hurt like hell. Right now that really sticks out in my mind so I am hoping that he completely numbs me this time and that everything goes smoothly. I try and go to my happy place because I HATE dentists and I HATE having cavities filled. I hate more than anything just the horrible vibration you get when they are drilling and cleaning it out. I think I can handle the pain better than I can handle that vibration and of course they can't numb you against the vibration at all.

Well, I see daylight so going to go and get ready for the walk. It is 47 degrees outside right now so you'd better bet I am going to bundle up like a eskimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment