Friday, October 16, 2009

bummed



Okay, so I am majorly bummed:( Miller, who we all thought was better came up lame again in class last night. This was my worst fear, that we would not have fixed what was really wrong. He was okay for about 4 runs and then came off the line silent again and I knew immediately something was wrong. He seemed all funky in the back end again so we are going to head back to the chiropractor monday. I am actually going to call him today as they have an acupuncturist there that could work on him as well. I just hope we can get this fixed by nationals in three weeks. I am not leaving and driving all the way to AZ without a 100% sound dog. It just doesn't make sense to get all the way out there and then him come up lame. This is going to be such a tough call because he seemed better this week and then came up lame. I am going to probably have to eat two weeks of entry fees too but I will do whatever needs to be done to get him well. I am not ready to retire him and am hoping to have at least another good year with him. What bums me out the most is that this was probably his last USDAA nationals and was really hoping to do well this year. I have been really, really lucky as far as injuries go so finger's crossed we can get this fixed and continue his career. If I don't do nationals and pull him from these two shows, his agility season will probably be over till January so he would have plenty of time to get better.

Okay on to the puppy as it is his blog! Deuce got to be the demo dog for the beginner class. I had him out before the advanced/ pre-comp class and got to work 20 foot multi-colored curved tunnels and some toes on some contact equipment. He got to play some with Joc's puppy before she felt like they were playing too rough and had to separate them. He then had to go sit in the crate for an hour and he actually did that without barking or screaming! I was so excited that maybe he is getting that in the crate does not equal dying. He got to come back out and be the bang game demo dog. He was so cute showing all the other dogs how to do the bang game except he didn't want to share his teeter with any of the other dogs, no matter how big they were! He also got to do a full sized dog walk but that made me really nervous. I didn't want him falling off from so high up so we only did that twice and then stopped. He is a tough guy but don't need two hurt puppies!

Well, off to ice my knees. I fell getting in the shower yesterday and busted my good knee up pretty bad, go figure. I hit my knee on the metal track for the glass doors so not only did it bruise pretty badly but it scraped all the skin off so it is sensitive too. I think my other knee is starting to really bother because I am having to compensate and use it more. I just can't seem to catch a break right now, so maybe a break for both of us would be good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment