Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's freezing outside for real

I can't believe that it is only October and the outside temp is at the freezing mark. BURRRR! I finally caved in and turned the heat on after tony left this morning and even rolled my little heater out and put it behind me at the computer. I don't mind cold when I am sleeping and am burrowed under my blankets, but when I am just trying to do stuff around the house or work on the computer, it sucks!

Tony is working all weekend so it will be just the boys and I hanging out. I really need to take Deuce to the vets and bath him. They have a tub there that is raised and have claimed that I can come any time to wash him. He stinks right now so I am thinking now would be good. He was outside playing the pool even though it is freezing outside. Crazy puppy! He is full of energy right now and Harley is not in the mood to play. He keeps on touching his nose to the heater (porcelain) and then snorting over and over again. How many times does he have to touch it to know it is hot! He is just like a little kid right now, or more like a little brat! He is going through this "you can't make me" phase. He has been swatted on the butt a couple of times and he gives you this look like, "How dare you", but then he does whatever you want him to do. I drug my gates out yesterday and did some out and here drills and he was doing fairly good. He seems to have great attention to my hand (thanks Lori for instilling this in us) so he follows his out commands well. We also drug the tunnel out and did some tunnel work. I have a 15 footer and really need a longer one to do more advanced work. Did some rears but he is so focused on getting the tunnel that he didn't care. Also did some here's out of the tunnel and he did great with that as well. The only issue I was having was that he was preferring the food over tugging last night. I guess that is just sometimes how it goes. I really like his drive to the tunnel now. He is pulling me on the leash wanting to go in and I love that. Am hoping we don't have a tunnel suck now!

We also worked Miller on low jumps last night per the chiropractor's instructions. I am still not convinced he is better, but not sure. I had set the jumps up the backyard and he was refusing them but he hates working in the backyard and always has. He views the backyard as his "toilet" and he just won't work there, so I drug them out to out side yard. I had them set at 16, and the ground was soggy so he refused a couple but I think it was more that the ground was soggy and not that he was hurting. His barking was normal and when I finally got him going with some food, he jumped fine. Seems to be okay today, not sore but who knows how much deramaxx is still in his system. I will put the video of his run at the bottom of this blog and on my agility blog so people can see how he was jumping and how his bark was different. I am just not sure if he is back 100% but I am so paranoid now and am probably over analyzing him now. I just don't want to run him if he is still not healed. I don't need any Qs or points for nationals as we are good to go on those so these shows are just practice but will loose all of my entry fees for sure.

Plans for the day training-wise may be slim as it is so cold outside and I am sure not ready for the cold! We need to work on wait as that is our weakness for sure. Also, even when I ask him to line up beside me or in between my legs, he is doing that swing out thing again. Seems to want to be in front of me no matter what so need to work on that. I will probably blog later so that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment