Monday, October 19, 2009

what a weekend

What a weekend! I really thought I would be really down in the dumps all weekend cause I couldn't run miller but i actually stayed so busy I didn't have time to have a pity party. I ended up working the score table all weekend, and while I miss getting to socialize with everyone and watch everyone's runs, I think it was a good thing for me to stay busy. Tony was in charge of the dogs all weekend and I guess Deuce got to see lots of people and lots of dogs and got to go out to the ball field and play with his brother Axel. I miss getting to do training with him but I got to do a little on sunday and he did pretty good with the distractions. He was so extra good this weekend for his daddy! The crating was really tight this weekend being a two day show, so we didn't drag all of our crates in, just put him in with Harley. I think it was actually a good thing as I think it helped harley stay calmer. Normally harley doesn't rest at shows, stays up and awake but every time I walked by, harley was asleep. I don't want to start a habit of always putting them together like we did with Harley and Miller when harley was a baby. Other than the really stinky gas that Deuce seems to always have now, things went really well.

When we got home on sunday, I had to take advantage of the beautiful fall day. Yes, I said actual fall day!!!! I was wondering if we were going straight to winter this year but sunday proved me wrong. It was gorgeous and sunny and it was the perfect temperature. I worked out the yard most of the afternoon till I couldn't see anymore. Deuce and I did outs, heres, gos, and turns with the gates at speed and the bang game. I need to make sure we are hitting all the foundation skills we need to be working on. I am kind of wanting the crate games dvd. I don't want to become a strict follower of susan garrett but i think she puts awesome foundations on her pups and I want awesome foundation on my pup. I may have to ask for her crate games dvd and the 2 x 2 method for my birthday from Tony!

I also decided yesterday that since we had a little bit of wind that i would brush everyone. Berry is shedding something terrible and she hates to be brushed so I chased her around the yard with the brush and the shedding blade. She looks 100 times better and must feel better for sure. She still isn't done, but i figured after a couple of hours I had tortured her enough! I also brushed miller but he was acting jealous I think because of all the attention that Berry and the puppy were getting. Miller gets to go back to the chiropractor today and hopefully will get some acupuncture as well. Nationals is coming up so soon and I have to get him back to normal again! He acted fine the weekend, was his normal wiggly self and pulled me to the ring once when I got him out but I just couldn't chance it if he needed more time to heal. Everyone was asking about him so I had to tell what was going on about a hundred times but it makes me feel really good that people were concerned.

Oh yeah, I guess I hadn't talked about Tony's Q!!!! It was sooo exciting and guess what, I missed it! Tony had a really nice standard run, with Harley actually getting all three of his contacts!!!!! He just had a knocked bar and I think an off course but overall harley kept it together and didn't seem too stressed. He only needs one more Q for his AX so I am really hoping he can get that this year. In jumpers, I had break so I was going to eat really quick and get back to the table. He had told me that there were a few dogs ahead of him so I thought i had time to get food and come back. Well, as I was coming back, so was he and he had already run!!! Not only did i miss seeing it, no one taped it :( Figures the one awesome Q run he had, I didn't get it on tape. That is usually what happens to me to so I am of the opinion that taping = hex = NQ!!!! Tony had a smile on his face that lasted all day and all night for sure. He got 12 pts on his run so he now has 98 MACH points. If he could just get into Ex B in standard, he could start working on doubles. He needs one more leg for his MXJ as well. He was really excited that he could get two titles next weekend! He has come so far with harley in such a short time. I almost want to enter him and harley in a few more shows so he can keep up the good work while Miller and i take a break so they can keep the streak alive! We only have Hutch next weekend and then we are done for the year. We aren't going to Columbia or Wichita or Tulsa (megadeath concert weekend) so we are done for the year. Tony hasn't shown any interest in harley doing USDAA and that is all that is left for this year.

Well, need to go do some spot house cleaning. Didn't get much done yesterday as I was glued to the outside and tonight is Denver versus the chargers. Even though Denver released my brother from their organization, I still have a little orange in my blood so will have to watch and cheer them on against their rivals, the chargers!

No comments:

Post a Comment