Saturday, October 17, 2009

Puppy and daddy day

Today was the KCGRC show in Lawrence. I had decided that I was going to volunteer and do whatever I could to help out since I wasn't running. Tony was in charge of taking care of deuce and miller since they both came along for the ride today. I think he did a great job today and got deuce out alot and played with him alot. I helped at the score table the whole time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe if miller is out for a while, I can chip in more like that. Anyway, I guess Deuce got to see lots of people and other dogs and even took one woman's earring off according to tony. Since crating was so tight, we decided to just throw harley and deuce in together. It went really well and I think it even helped harley to relax a little as every time I walked by, Harley was asleep. Tony had a great jumpers run today, with just two bars down but it was a nice fluid run. I will take bars over crazy harley!

When we got home, since they had all been in the crate all day, I decided to work Deuce on outs and heres with the gates, toes on the board outside, and turn on the flat. He did really well and I am excited that he is still showing so much enthusiasm for agility. I hate that I didn't get to work him more at the show, but I really enjoyed helping at the table. Lots of my friends got double Qs today and Jeri and her german shorthair got her MACH which was really exciting! We are going back tomorrow so I will be helping at the table again. I am going to try and leave Miller here tomorrow instead of taking him. I really think that being in the crate all day made him super stiff and was not a good idea for him for his injury. Deuce will go because being in that environment is great for him. Okay got to go. KSU is up 45-0 on texas a and m and I need to go cheer! GO CATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment