Friday, October 9, 2009

so glad it is friday but the weekend is going to suck!



Not going to be much of a weekend:( Tony is working all weekend, which is good for finances, but not good for any activities we had planned. We decided to postpone the agility seminar due to the threat of some really crappy weather, including 20 mph winds and snow. There is a rock show i would really like to catch tonight but without tony, I can't really go. Guess it will just be me and boys hanging out. I will try to resist the urge to go antiquing without tony! The new store in town has some really nice stuff that we were both drooling over yesterday when we went and picked up our new dresser.

On a good note, I did run last night. PT told me to just do as much as I felt like doing so I did a mile. Walked for five minutes and then stretched, then got back on and ran full out. Did try and cool down more as that is something I am guilty of not doing and then iced my knee just in case. So far today I feel fine so I think I will be able to get back to it. I would really like to be able to run a 5 K some day. Notice I said run, not win or even come close to winning. I am not genetically programmed to run so I can't push my luck! I can tell a huge difference on the agility course when I am running alot so would like to continue that course of action!

Puppywise, still working on out. I used the couch last night and I could see the light bulb go off. Will probably take his act on the road this weekend and do some outs around trees in the park and such. It is so much fun working with young dogs that have light bulb moments. Still working lots of toes on different surfaces and still working on turn. I am waiting for the light bulb moment on turn. I need some more obstacle work though. I haven't done much other than tunnel and the bang game. Need to talk to Lori on what we can work on at this early age. Have been mainly working foundation work. I also need to finish my video:) as I have been really taking my time with it. I have been also working on lots of toy drive too. We do lots of tugging, which he picked up on pretty quickly but am now working on retrieving. He will go get the toy and bring it in my direction and then will either drop it or run past me with it. We are a work in progress!

Some times i feel like i am not doing enough with him but then sometimes I feel like I am doing too much. It is hard to find that balance. I want him to be a puppy and grow up happy but I also want so many foundation skills on him that my other dogs lack or got a lot later in life. Harley has been the best babysitter and now plays with him constantly. Miller joins in sometimes but for the most part ignores him as does berry. They have all accepted him which makes me feel good.

Well, off to do some training. Haven't gone for a walk all week so really need to do that tonight. The mornings have been so frigid that I have been a wuss and have opted to let harley wear him out and do training instead of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment