Monday, October 5, 2009

monday, monday

Back to work after a nice long weekend of doggy shows. Deuce slept in till 6:20ish so got an extra hour of sleep this morning. Am anxiously awaiting the chiropracter to open so I can call and get an appointment for Miller. He again seems fine, no obvious soreness. I laid him down last night while we were watching football and went over him again and could find nothing. No spots that bothered him, no heat, and no ouchiness. He is going to be really confused this morning when we go for our walk but I want him to rest and maybe be okay for the next couple of shows in a few weeks. I hate losing money but I want him sound for nationals for sure. I am thinking this could be his last USDAA nationals and really want him to do well for his teammate Buzz and maybe get into some finals this year.

Not sure what we are going to do training-wise today. Maybe just lots of play because we got lots of training in this weekend. I really, really need to work on his greeting of other people. Of course it doesn't help he is a cute fluffy puppy and everyone wants to talk to him in baby talk or high pitched talk that sends him over the edge. I know he can control himself a little better when meeting people, we just need to work on it lots. I have been just holding him when it is a little kid so he doesn't maul them with kisses and love bites. I would like for him to sit when people pet him so need to get some volunteers and get to work. We need to do "toes" on lots of different surfaces today. I had him doing toes on my clipboard I take to shows this weekend and he was doing so well! I pray for good contacts and I am hoping this early foundation training will help me achieve this goal. I am so excited! Lori says we might try to do a puppy class just for Joc and Barb (dana) and I. I hope we can get together and do this so that Deuce can be in a class type setting and be working. I work him during our classes but it isn't the same. Well, I see daylight so better get ready to go for a walk and ready for a very disappointed miller:(

No comments:

Post a Comment