Thursday, October 15, 2009

sorry


Sorry I haven't been blogging the past two days. We have been sleeping till 7 every morning and then I have been doing housework or training so not as much time to blog. I am enjoying more sleep but I do miss the amount of time we were spending together. We also haven't been going on our morning walks. It has either been in the 30s or raining and i am a big winter weather wuss so haven't been going out. My knee has also really been bothering me after my running so I am trying to rest it so I won't have to go back to PT.

Training wise we have been working on pretty much everything. Now I really don't have specific times where i work on things, i pretty much work on everything all the time if that makes sense. He knows the basics so now anytime is a good time to work any of his commands. Waits are great to work all the time and so are sits and downs in any position. Heres are great when I need to call him away from something or get his attention back on me. I try to incorporate all his commands into daily life. We also have been working lots of gos and comes through the hoop. He LOVES this game!

I do have a couple of concerns and not sure what to do. He always has really nasty ears. I have never had a dog that had ear problems. I am trying to be very proactive about it but i just don't know why he is having these issues. He is also a very itchy puppy even though we have no fleas. He is constantly chewing and itching. He isn't licking his legs but am wondering if the chicken protein is not good for his tummy. I need to talk to my vet and will when he gets his last DHLPP shot this friday. Maybe this is just a phase he is going through? Tony thinks the litter bothers him still and it is pretty much on everything in his kennel. He still uses it quite a bit during the day so am hesitant to take him off of it. Not sure if he will hold it going 8 to 9 hours in his crate and would rather him go in the litter box than all over the crate and himself.

Well, time to get ready for work! Will try and get some videos of come and go through the hoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment