Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hump day




I am so excited! The puppy let me sleep in till 7 this morning! I don't know if I was just so tired that i didn't pay attention to him crying if he was up or what. He fell asleep really early last night as I was working on my agility seminar that I am helping give and I was really worried that he wouldn't sleep very late at all but I was so busy I couldn't keep him up. We did work on out some last night and also worked on his release cue some more. I still haven't watched all of my video by rachael sanders so watched some of that last night. I like to watch a small piece and take notes and then watch it again and try it. Of course nothing works perfectly so sometimes i try and watch it again and try again. I finally got what she was talking about with the release cue. It is all about the dog knowing that ok or whatever you use means release yourself, without you giving any physical cues. DUH! Makes so much sense for start line stays and contacts so that it is the word, not your motion that releases the dog. I really like her alot and wish I could go hear her talk live. There are two great seminars coming up, but one is on a monday after I will have already been off to a dog trial and the other is a weekend that we have a USDAA show local. If miller is injured for sure, may just go to the seminar in November and audit the puppy seminar.

Not walking again this morning to give miller one more day of rest. I hope I can wear the puppy out without the walk. They are currently outside running around the yard. It is 35 degrees out yet he is still in the pool! Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment